Friday, April 6, 2012

Divine Recognition



Divine Recognition

"God doesn't knock, ring a bell, nor intrude with things to sell. It's up to you to recognize the divinity within."-Douglas Holzmeier

It is spring and at the time of this writing it is also Good Friday.  This is a Holy and Sacred time for many of us.  Of course, there is only THIS HOLY INSTANT in reality. And this instant is WHOLE and SACRED. It is the only moment there has ever been. 

I struggled a little bit deciding what to call this chapter. At Dictionary.com I put in the word “Resurrection” and these are the synonyms for resurrection: awakening; rebirth; restoration; resurgence; revival and recovery. Some of these terms work better than others in describing what we go through on our way to Enlightenment. 

"If you recognize yourself in everything, everything is yours."

Awakening may be the closest to Spiritual Truth. My writings ask you to awake to your importance and divinity. Rebirth doesn’t work for me because you are perfect; whole and complete from the start. Restoration isn’t accurate either, for it suggests that something needs to be restored. Remembering who you are, is just that – a remembrance – not a restoration.  I guess I could use the word “remembrance” – and shall within this piece, but I want a stronger word.

It is true you will experience “resurgence” in your life once you accept You Are God’s Best Idea! but it is still not the word I seek. Recovery has promise at first blush. It is a pregnant word full of good and not so good connotations. What are you recovering from? All recovery (or resurgence) comes when we remember that we are the Loved and the Beloved and we don’t need anything more than the recognition that it is so. Ah – Recognition?

"To be the best, you need only recognize that there are none
worse. Recognition of others divinity is an acceptance of your own."

And So It Is that this chapter is titled Divine Recognition.  It is all that we ever do. Every great mystic and saint has suggested the same. It is in the RECOGNITION of our problem that we find the ANSWER. And the answer is the Spirit of Creation (and Re-Creation) that resides within. Furthermore – that “problem”, 99.9% of the time, is a failure to recognize and act upon the Good that we are and the Power that is ours to use. 

The person who wants to lose weight has the power and the means to do so – right here and right now. This is true of virtually all “problems”. My view of Recovery or Revival or Restoration or Resurrection is founded in RECOGNITION. Recognize that there seems to be a circumstantial problem that can be RESOLVED by recognizing the Spiritual Truth of your Wholeness and Well-Being.

"Conditions are created by consciousness. Change your
consciousness, change your condition."

It is very important that once you have recognized the issue - turn TOWARD the Light of Truth. Sometimes there is an understandable bit of confusion in the realm of metaphysical healing and emergence from bondage. It is perfectly fine to recognize the appearance of a so-called malady or malfunction. The symptom or sign is there for us to use. A headache requires an aspirin and/or some rest and relaxation. A substance abuse addiction requires that you remember that whatever the reason was that you started substituting self-love for a pill – that you can begin treating the addiction with self-love and acceptance and partner with the Power of the Universe to see yourself to recovery and restoration. But, in Truth, the Healing is Divine Recognition combined with action. And that action may include a 12-step program and regular doctor appointments. You do have the POWER – but it is in the recognition and unification with the Source of that power – which raises Consciousness and leads to a Renaissance. 

Whew! I love the English language. Most words that begin with –RE – denote a new beginning: Rejuvenation; resuscitation; revitalization; revivification; and rehabilitation. All of these things can and do happen – but they ONLY happen if there has been a Recognition in Consciousness that something was out of vibrational harmony and this Harmonic Realignment (there’s that RE again) happens when you recognize that you are a child of the most high – and you are a Divine idea in the Mind of God.

"The ways of the wicked perish with the recognition we are
just children of the Most High on a bumpy road to Enlightenment."

This is the Mystical Resurrection. This is the Spiritual Reawakening – being born again – Enlightenment. It isn’t about changing who you are – it is about remembrance and recognition of inherent Divinity!

“'Self-Recognition - the awareness of one's Divinity - is the
key to the successful application of the Law of Attraction."

What are the antonyms to Resurrection? This is really good stuff my friends: Suppression; Destruction; Impoverishment; Deterioration; Lack; and Decline. When we are experiencing lack instead of abundance, decline instead of ascension, destruction instead of construction, depression instead of joy – it is most often because we have placed more faith in illusion than Truth. We have spiritual amnesia. 

"When are you going to start recognizing and using your divine
Magnificence? Just sayin'..."

One of the greatest mysteries of all time – which not even the most scholarly Bible scholar has been able to explain satisfactorily is why Jesus – in the ninth hour upon the cross said: “Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?” – which means, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” Could it be he was just in a hell of a lot of pain? Jesus was as human and divine as you and me. If he wasn’t, frankly, it would not have been such a big deal. If Jesus was not human and could not feel pain and heartache, his example would be a poor one. It is BECAUSE Jesus (and you and me) feel pain when we are injured; hurt when our love ones suffer; and experience loneliness when we seem to be abandoned; that make us who we are while we’re here. It teaches us how to be compassionate and loving.  

Did God in Heaven forsake Jesus – his divine child on Earth? Of course not – anymore than you or I are ever abandoned by our Father/Mother God. But we still live life! Our bodies have nerve endings and spears and thorns hurt! As I wrote in another chapter – I have experienced MUCH physical and emotional pain in my life. But my mother and father were there while my hands and head were being stitched up by the doctor. I wasn’t abandoned – but the wound and the blood and the pain were real. Jesus was delirious from his wounds and thirst and pain. He was not under anesthesia. Don’t forget that his disciple buddies took off as well! 

"Success knows success. Recognition begets ignition. So...what
do you know?"

I must admit – for most of my life I have been perplexed by this scene on the cross. But I’m not anymore. Whether you believe that Jesus was God’s only begotten or we are the begotten of the only ONE – it should no longer dismay you that a fully human and divine person, while being crucified, would ask for a little relief and wonder where everyone was. 

Here are the other things Jesus said while on the cross:

"Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do."

This is what we should do. Forgive those who hurt us who in many ways, did not know they were hurting us and themselves. Forgiveness is the key to conciliation. 

"Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise."

Isn’t it so that the Kingdom is at hand and Within? How much of Paradise you and I experience is determined by how much recognition we choose to have of it.

"Jesus said to his mother: "Woman, this is your son". Then he said to the disciple: "This is your mother."

How clear can it be? You are my mother and sister; my brother and father. We are One!

"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

As stated earlier, if there was ever PROOF that Jesus was a man who was enlightened as much as he was the Enlightened who served as man (just as we all are doing) then this bit of “humanity” is exhibit number one. 

“I thirst.”

Again, this is exhibit number two of the humanity of the man. 

“It is finished.”

Whether you say Amen or And So It Is at the close of your prayer – this was recognition that what he had come to do – was done. Whether you believe in the traditional Jesus; the Mystical Jesus or a combination of both; there is no question that this person named Jesus changed the world and its general thinking as much as anyone before. 

What has been done by others – in the name of Jesus – is not the fault of Jesus. As so often happens – the enlightened message of love and inherent divinity – was exchanged for idol worship. In other words – people are idolizing the piano (The Instrument of Love) instead of the music it produces. (Love Itself)

"Father, into your hands I commend my spirit."

And to make the above point even clearer – LOVE ITSELF – was the Spirit of Jesus – which is an individualize spirit of God - just as it is true of everyone. It is right and just to worship the SPIRIT of Jesus – because this is the Spirit of Love and God. It is your spirit and my spirit and it is Good. 

"What you see - sees you; what you recognize - recognizes you.
You and the thing you hold dear, draws near."

I love this stuff! I LIVE this Truth.

If you feel more comfortable with the idea that the spirit of Jesus was somehow better or greater than your own – that is fine. Sometimes, when I fail to live up to my divinity, I do the same thing. But, don’t forget, Jesus said this about you and me: Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

Now THAT’S what I’m talking about! Yo – inherent divinity, baby!! By the way – right after that - the priests tried to grab Jesus - but he took off. Jesus had some wheels!

"When Jesus told God he'd be for love, God was happy - knowing his child would express him lovingly."

So, what are the works of the Mother/Father God – Infinite Intelligence – Divine Mind? I believe it is to expand and express the Divinity of the Universe and that is most easily and creatively done with; through and as, LOVE. 

I do not write to sell; persuade or convert. I tell Truth which is never for sale. Truth is shared and told; not bought and sold. I am doing my best to reflect our Divinity. If you see it in me, you may recognize it in (and as) yourself. I can do nothing more than this. Be an example – like Jesus. 

I polish my reflection so you can recognize your higher self in me, Jesus and God. And that makes us all good eggs – no matter what color we are and where we’re hidden.

"You cannot fail unless you fail to rise."

No comments: