Tuesday, February 21, 2012

You Are God's Best Idea! Daily Epigram for: February 21, 2012



You Are God's Best Idea! Daily Epigram for:
February 21, 2012
"Need is not a measure of love."-Douglas Holzmeier
 
When I wrote my book - I had written and archived nearly 600 epigrams. When I was creating the chapters - I would place the "peace" ones in the Divine Peace chapter and the "faith" ones in the Divine Faith chapter - so on and so forth. I had written so many epigrams with the word "love" that most were not used for the Divine Love chapter - although I did try to place them in the most appropriate chapters.

I was shocked today when I realized that today's epigram: "Need is not a measure of love"- wasn't utilized in a chapter. This idea is one of my most powerful epiphanies. I'm glad that I can share this here. This is a seed I thought I'd sown. It is another good reason to journal in a searchable format.

The only thing that is real and eternal is Love. A life should be powered and directed by Love. There are things we need - but almost all of them are provided for in nature. Nature - is God and is therefore - Love. The air we breathe is free. There is an abundance of water and food. It has only been in the last few hundred years that we have purchased the majority of our basic needs from stores. People used to hunt and gather - build and make. Humans have become dependent on others. And the monetary exchange magnifies the illusion that we don't have or can't get what we think we need.

Life is a gift exchange - but the gift most like - is money.  I do to. It's handy and versatile. But it is just a symbol of exchange. It is not who you are - whether you have a lot or not. Some people feel left out or unloved when they are unemployed. You are not your job or the money you get from your labor. Your value is inherent. Your worth is your love. I just Googled "Your worth is your love." It has never been written before - at least not on the internet. This is what I love to do. Write things that have never been written before and share them with you. I write them for myself. I need to hear them, too.

So much of our misery comes from not having things we think we need - when the only thing we really need is what we already have - Love. It is inherent. With and through the exchange of our divinity we can have whatever it is we choose. But choose out of love - not out of need. We buy medicine for our children because we love them - not because we need the medicine. The vast majority of medicines have been proven to be not much more than placebos anyway. It is your body - mind and soul - your love for well-being - that is making you well again in most cases.

"From the exercise of inherent power, comes protection.
From the need for external protection, comes dependence."

Watching television is becoming hazardous to your health. I am bombarded by advertisements for things I don't need for conditions I don't have. But - as we know - the subconscious mind accepts and records all sensory input. Every sight and sound - taste and touch and smell has been downloaded and recorded. The advertisers know that their suggestive messages have an accumulative effect. It takes great awareness and an enlightened consciousness to insulate yourself from the hundreds of millions of messages you receive over time. There may indeed be a contagion on the way - but it is an idea from Madison Avenue - not Main street. That is why the messages you send yourself - should be of love and joy.

"Needs are but necessities of ego - divine desires are promises of Divinity."

I don't go to the movies as often as I used to. I wait for them on Netflix. I used to make fun of people who waited for movies to come out on video. The joke was on me. They knew they didn't need to see a film in a movie theater during a cold January for $10 a pop - when they could watch it at home in April from the comfort of their air-conditioned living room. And the kitchen concessions are lot cheaper! I didn't always believe those stories about the billionaires who drive cars that are 15 to 20 years old. I do now. The Great Recession that most of the planet has gone through over the past five years has given many of us a great gift in deciding what we really needed and what was most important.

"There is a divine place and time when you will need nothing -
will be given everything - without asking for anything."

Satisfying needs - starve potential. We are conditioned to act like rodents. You know - the laboratory mice they make fat - or skinny - depending on the experiment. I know that doesn't sound nice but think about it. I catch myself calling out from my chair for my son or wife to bring me a soda after seeing a Coke commercial. I become fascinated by some useless piece of garbage on television and I won't even get up for a bit of exercise! I share this to let you know I am human and can relate to what you may be going through. This insatiable need to watch TV so we don't "miss" what is going on is not healthy for mind or body. And don't even get me started on the endless number of mobile electronic devices with the numeric names and a zillion downloadable apps. Sometimes I want to scream - ENOUGH!

Most of this - we do not need. Some of it - nobody even wanted! But they're going to give it to you anyway.  I'll pass. As I wrote in You Are God's Best Idea!:

There are entities that prefer that you believe you are powerless. A powerless person needs. A powerless person is dependent. There are organizations that profit by filling your needs just enough so you return the following day for more. But you are already more than you need! The truth is - they need you! They need you to attend their meetings and echo their ideas. They need you to buy their products. They want you to need and need you to want. The day you need absolutely nothing is the day you will have absolutely everything you need. I highly recommend reading Ralph Waldo Emerson's essay on Self Reliance.

"Need is not a measure of love - it is a symptom of doubt."

Every once in a while I will rewrite or add something to an epigram. The above is an example. Most people live their entire lives filling needs instead of realizing their potential. Eliminate your need to need. Meet your needs by welcoming your dreams.


You Are God's Best Idea!

~Douglas Holzmeier
Author of You Are God's Best Idea! Divine Acceptations and Living the Undeniable Life! (Balboa Press/Hay House)
If you are seeking a Life Coach who can give you direction; inspiration; motivation and treat you like the star you are – contact me here

No comments: