Thursday, February 9, 2012

You Are God's Best Idea! Daily Epigram for: February 9, 2012


 

You Are God's Best Idea! Daily Epigram for:
February 9, 2012
"When you're worried about who is in your corner - you miss meeting the interesting people in the middle of the room."-Douglas Holzmeier

Have you spent a lot of time trying to convince someone to support you only to realize that you were wasting your time? Networking is something we all do and there is a time and place for it - but not everyone is going to be your buddy and the Universe is probably doing you a favor when you fail to connect with some folks.

Just before I launched my book last year - I reached out to an author who I had developed a relationship with over the previous two years. He was a life coach – had developed an interesting self-development program – and had just published his book based on that program. I was asking him advice on how to get endorsements for my book and any other suggestions he might have. The recommendation he gave me - was to NOT write the book. He added that it was going to be all too hard and heartbreaking for me. He said it took him 20 years to get where he was and that I should concentrate becoming a marketer before being an author. In fairness – he was trying to shoot straight – but we had different aims. He was in this to make a lot of money. I want to change lives – and be richer for it. 

I had already completed the book at the time this fellow was telling me to stop. I already had a publisher when he was telling me how hard it was going to be to find one. I already had my motivation – which was to give the book to my son on his graduation day. I was looking for a bit of direction on where to turn next and he was telling me to stay in the garage. I hope he has better advice for his paying clients!

My advice today is to be open – step into the middle of the room. You can target the movers and shakers in your area of interest but don’t take it personal if they are not moved or shake you off. Successful people are busy and in demand. Don’t be surprised if a few of them are not looking to help create new competitors. I know you are a Creator – but those in a lower vibration may see you as a competitor. Instead of being inspired by your new product or service – you may remind them that they have been sitting on their laurels.  Years ago I had a mentor who was also a consultant. Even though I had told him that my goal in those days was to be a consultant – when I told him I was going to open up my consultancy – he said he had every intention of crushing me. He’s no longer my mentor and I am no longer standing in the shadow of his darkening corner.

There are seven billion people on this planet. You want to partner with people who believe in you and your message. It would be great if those people were contemporaries;  friends and blood relatives – and some of them may very well be – but don’t limit the shoulders you stand on to only those which you already are rubbing.

To be a world champion – you must champion the world. Tell the world how much you love it and it shall oblige. If you accept the whole world as friend – who be thy enemy? 

What clears the room, crowds the hallways. If you want to stand out – stay in. Don’t allow the dimmed faith of one - keep your dream from the multitude. The self-sufficient always have the best support! 

You Are God's Best Idea!

~Douglas Holzmeier
Author of You Are God's Best Idea! Divine Acceptations and Living the Undeniable Life! (Balboa Press/Hay House)

If you are seeking a Life Coach who can give you direction; inspiration; motivation and treat you like the star you are - contact me here


No comments: