Sunday, January 22, 2012
You Are God's Best Idea! Daily Epigram for: January 22, 2012
To find out how you could have Douglas Holzmeier as your Life Coach - click here.
"Don't let your feet of clay abridge your heart of gold. When
you lead with love – you are what lasts."-Douglas Holzmeier
The mistakes of the past do not disqualify you from leading with Truth in the present.
History is filled with figures that were shortchanged at their own hands who came back on the Wings of Truth – Peace; Love and Understanding and changed the world – or at least what’s for dinner! It may seem that these about-faces were just an exercise in pure determination- but I classify a determination powered by a divine desire – as love. Loving oneself enough to get up and try again and offer an expression of your inherent divinity.
Here are just a few famous examples of people who did not allow a former failure prevent a future success:
• Michael Jordan was cut from his high school basketball team in 10th grade.
• Johann Sebastian Bach was not considered a good musician and was passed over for a position he desired by musicians who were not celebrated even in their day.
• After driving everyone away due to his disagreeable personality - George Foreman came back from a very long retirement - now as a man of high character - and won back his heavyweight boxing crown at (for a boxer) the ancient age of 45.
• Colonel Sanders started Kentucky Fried Chicken at the retirement age of 65 because his pension was so small. Even after two full years, he had sold just five franchises. Soon – however – his southern and pressure fried chicken became the standard that all other fried chicken is compared.
• Frank Sinatra was viewed as a has-been at age 34; Tony Bennett and Willie Nelson both had long and costly dealings with the IRS.
• J.K. Rowling was an unemployed mother receiving government assistance, living with a family member, while writing “Harry Potter.”
• Albert Einstein was considered a mediocre student; did not gain entrance to an engineering school, and thought himself unimaginative. Einstein would be – like my son – considered autistic today.
• Wiped out by the stock market crash of the Great Depression, Winston Churchill, at 64, put his estate up for sale in the late 1930s. Just a few years later while in his 70s – Churchill – who was not held in high regard by most British - lead the resistance to Hitler’s Third Reich.
• Abraham Lincoln lost every office he ran for before being elected the 16th President and preserving the greatest Democracy in human history.
"We live our lives according to character. Change your
character, change your life."-Douglas Holzmeier
I don’t know all the particulars regarding the personalities above – but in most, if not all of these and other equally celebrated cases, it was the person’s own mistakes and poor choices that placed them in the unenviable positions they were in before their extraordinary reversal of fortune. They all got off the canvas (literally in the case of George Foreman) and didn’t just change the ways they tried – they changed the ways they lived.
Although we may be born with certain personality traits – our character is solely in our own hands. When you see a large family together like mine – you would quickly notice some commonalities. The way we laugh – if not our senses of humor. I catch myself saying things in a certain tone which I recognize in my siblings or parents. Some of those things may be hard-wired in the DNA – but desire; perseverance; faith and consciousness are the things that mold character – and our subsequent choices.
It is true that everyone has made poor decisions at one time or another and there were consequences associated with those compromises. But you are not your situations or circumstances. Our real identity – our inherent divinity - lies in our heart – and everyone was given a heart of gold – but we sometimes value ourselves as if we were pyrite – fool’s gold.
No matter how high or low you have previously been – the word you speak today turns the pages of the story you occupy tomorrow. Your word – and the feelings and emotions and vibrations and Power you put behind them – never stop creating. You can create your new chapters – your comeback story – with a Rocky Balboa-arms-held-high ending – right here and right now! (Gonna Fly Now!)
As I wrote in You Are God’s Best Idea!: You can’t change the past – but you can change what it means to you! If you’re thinking: “Yeah – but what about what my past means to others?” Did Colonel Sanders care what people thought about this old man in all white with finger-lickin’ good fingers? He had a GREAT idea – a GREAT contribution to share. You can share your divine ideas or let them die with you. Actually – what’s worse is when you see your dreams introduced by someone who has wiped the slumber from their eyes and mustered up enough courage to do so.
"An act of courage - cures discouragement."-Douglas Holzmeier
Leave us with something that lasts an eternity – your love - in the form of your desires made manifest with and through conviction and courage. Don’t allow the mis-takes of yester-year withhold what could profit the world today.
STAND TALL – we don’t care if you have cracked toe-nails. Give us your Gold. It is time to abridge the past and lead with love – At Last!
You Are God's Best Idea!
Author of You Are God's Best Idea! Divine Acceptations and Living the Undeniable Life! (Balboa Press/Hay House)
Please feel free to forward the You Are God’s Best Idea! Daily Epigram to friends and family.
Please visit my website for free audio links and more.