Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Universal Mind



Here is just one story I can share about my experience with the Universal Mind. This was 1985, 25 years before I had ever heard the term; Universal Mind.

I was working the overnight hours (Midnight to 6am) at a radio station in Columbus, Ohio. My future wife was working evenings at a sign company. Due to these odd hours we were not spending much time together. I was given a rare weekday night off for doing something extra well at work and I wanted to have a "date" with my girl. I asked Denise if she could get the night off. She asked what excuse she could use. I don't make a habit of lying so coming up with a "story" was somewhat uncomfortable. I thought for a few seconds and said:

"Tell them that Doug's sister, Donna, called and told him that his grandmother has fallen out at the lake. She's broken her hip. They've taken her to the hospital. The doctors don't think she is going to make it through the night and have asked for the family to come and be with her."

That is what Denise told her employer so she could get the night off for our date.

The following day, 24 hours later, at about 3:30 in the afternoon, just minutes before Denise was going to work, the phone rang. It was my sister Donna. This is what I heard her say:

"Doug...grandmother has fallen out at the lake. She's broken her hip. They've taken her to the hospital. The doctors don't think she is going to make it through the night and have asked for the family to come and be with her."

It was verbatim what I had "thought" and given to my fiancee as an excuse to get a night off from work. I did not create this event. This event was already a part of Universal Mind. God's Mind. Our Mind.

Universal Mind. The concept is that there is One Mind. God's Mind. And we are all One with this Mind. If you believe in God you probably also believe that God knows everything that was; is; and will be. (And maybe the will be has already been.) There is no other explanation for me being able to know this future event, an unusual event at that, with such detail and clarity, without the Universal Mind at play.

I have had this ability for as long as I can remember. Knowing the circumstances of my grandmother's ultimate passing is just one case of several others that happened during that period. There are more that I will share at a later date. These were so disturbing that I purposefully shut them off and tried to deny them.

Just this past week I had been thinking about religion and faiths and if there had ever been a survey done regarding suicide rates among the various paths. I had been thinking that if your belief system is one in which you believe God is always with you; IN you, that it would be very difficult to fall so far into darkness that one would take their own life.

I thought and thought and thought about this. On Sunday evening I got an email informing me that a person who had been attending my church, but not so much lately, had apparently taken her life. Had my preoccupation with faiths and suicide been a message from Universal Mind that someone near and dear was going to be choosing to leave us? I had seen my friend a couple weeks previously and when we hugged it was not the average glad to see you hug. It was intense, hard, grasping and a holding on kind of hug. One that, on one hand made me feel so loved, and on the other like, this is the kind of hug someone gives you when they won't be seeing you for awhile.

I will share with you in another article my thoughts on our immortality but for now I just want to share with you that we are connected. We are one in some universal, spiritual, maybe even scientific way. I know this. I've experienced it. And so have you.

If we are One in Universal Mind I will do my part to make sure my thoughts are good thoughts.

Sharefully,


~Doug

No comments: