Tuesday, February 7, 2012

You Are God's Best Idea! Daily Epigram for: February 7, 2012



You Are God's Best Idea! Daily Epigram for:
February 7, 2012
"Faith in one good idea is better than fear of a hundred great
ones."-Douglas Holzmeier

I recently heard that the average person has between three and six - one million dollar ideas a year! If you are 40 years-old – it means you have had between 60 and 120 - one million dollar concepts since your second or third year of college. How many of them did you act on? Me neither.

Emerson wrote in the essay on Self-Reliance:

In every work of genius we recognize our own rejected thoughts; they come back to us with a certain alienated majesty.

Emerson wrote to inspire. He didn’t write the passage above so it could be just quoted – it is supposed to emote – remind you of your unique genius and move you to act upon it. You don't honor the dead by worshiping their ideas, only by building on them. You are a great idea – it only stands to reason you have great ideas to express.

How much of your originality have you waved off because you thought almost certainly this has been thought of before? It may very well have been thought - and disposed of - previously.  A fleeting thought must be caught as it flies by the mind. Thoughts whistle by in an effort to gain our attention and are grasped only by those who are paying attention. Attend to your ideas. Pay yourself!

When I joined Twitter in May of 2009 – I started writing my own stuff. I’d then Google what I wrote and found that everything I authored – had never been written before. Whether the idea was new (I’ve had a few) or the way I articulated the view – it was a new Creation. And these bite-sized bits of wisdom are what I used to build a 300 page book and are the dais for the Daily Epigram and Life Coach Lesson.

I was asked yesterday how I came up with the quote to match the Eli Manning story. I had written the epigram about being your brother’s believer two years ago. I keep all 1500 of my epigrams in a PDF file. When I get an idea for an essay I do a key word search in the PDF and see which, if any, of the epigrams work. After I heard the statement about the number of great ideas we have and usually don’t act on– I searched the word Idea and I found the perfect one to open today’s lesson with. Here are a few more:


"The faith you have in your idea must be matched by an equal
faith in the process. The idea is yours, the process is God's."

"Fortunate is the man detained by divine ideas; arrested by
Heaven."

"Just as the eagle is not subject to imaginary borders, your ideas
need not be bordered by imagined limitations."

“Success follows ideas.”

"Stubbing one toe usually gets the idea across to the other
nine."

"A variance of ideas creates a communion of souls and spirited
reflection."

"Rome may not have been built in a day but the idea was! What
Empire will you build today?"

Who’s afraid of the Big Idea? Who is the Big Idea? Take a look in the mirror.

You Are God's Best Idea!

~Douglas Holzmeier
Author of You Are God's Best Idea! Divine Acceptations and Living the Undeniable Life! (Balboa Press/Hay House)


If you are seeking a Life Coach who can give you direction; inspiration; motivation and treat you like the star you are - contact me at   www.YouAreGodsBestIdea.com

No comments: