Thursday, January 19, 2012

You Are God's Best Idea! Daily Epigram for: January 19, 2012

Click here to find out about the Douglas Holzmeier Living Undeniable Life Coaching Program.





"The difference between dreams and dreaming is how far you agree to come out from under the covers."-Douglas Holzmeier

Today was a day I just didn’t want to get out from under the covers. It is cold outside – warm and toasty on the inside. I was consciously awake at 8; 10; 12 and finally managed to sit up on the edge of the bed and meditate for another 10 to 15 minutes at 1:30pm. By the way – I don’t retire until about 4am so it isn’t like I’m sleeping for 10 or 12 hours – but there are times that the comforts of the covers seem more inviting than the dawning of a new day – or in my case – lunchtime!

While I was going in and out of consciousness I was dreaming about people and places I haven’t seen in years. What was really odd was that I was seeing their children – whom I have never seen and in some cases - don’t even exist- yet! They were talking to me like they had always known of me – but this was the first meeting. I am not a dream interpreter but I surmise that this has to do with the fact that I haven’t been back to Ohio to see family in almost five years. There are new living and breathing Holzmeier descendants I have yet to behold. Part of the reason we have not made a trip back home is because of the discomfort I have sometimes with travel; finances; and being a July baby – I like to withdraw inside my shell where it seems safe. This comfort comes at a price. There are things I’m missing – like my grand nieces and nephews.

What is it in your life you are not beholding because you prefer the comforts of home- or in the case of the opening epigram – your bed? What are you hiding? What are you covering up? Maybe it is more like we are hiding FROM something? Probably both!

I am reading a wonderful book written by former Harvard Law grad Tama Kieves. The book is This Time I Dance. She – like me – decided that the work she was doing (Lawyer-ing) was not her true life’s passion. She is a writer. A poet – and she knew it. But how does one get out from under the giant comforter known as a Harvard Law degree and the prestige and compensation that comes along with it – to embark on the life of (at least for a while) a struggling artist? In my case - I was thrown from the bridge - it was sink or swim. My decision was - and from time to time – still is - whether to go back to working in day-to-day radio broadcasting. I am trusting the process that what I am doing – writing and teaching – will manifest a radio opportunity that allows me to do all that I love and change the world (by changing myself) at the same time.

Tama chronicles her successful journey in her book. We found each other on Twitter. We formed a little mutual admiration society. This is good as long as what you mutually admire – is admirable! She has read my book and written a lovely endorsement. As I read Tama’s prose – it is evident that we have been touched by a similar gift in our abilities to turn a phrase – form an idea – and deliver a revelation in one powerful sentence. Here’s an example:

"Criticism only strikes a fire when we provide the wood."- Tama Kieves (From the book This Time I Dance)

The Divine is using Tama to enlighten her area of influence. This can happen to you too – but you must agree to get out from under the covers of convention; tradition; protocol; familial expectations; peer pressure; doubt and fear.

The one thing that truly haunts us – is being spooked by our potential. Once you realize that the bumps in the night just might be the divine nudge of your heart encouraging you to share the song you dream to sing – the Universe will help you uncover all the gifts you want to exchange.

Here are a few more epigrams that Tama’s book inspired in me:

"A mortgaged present lends you a foreclosed future with little interest."-Douglas Holzmeier

"Everyone is on a journey - only a few have chosen a path; fewer still - will blaze a trail."-Douglas Holzmeier

"You are already more than you ever dreamed you could be: You Are the World's Awakening!"-Douglas Holzmeier


Uncover your divinity. Discover your necessity. It’s warm and toasty where you are loved – and you take that with you wherever you dance!

You can visit Tama Kieves at her website here: http://www.awakeningartistry.com/


You Are God's Best Idea!


~Douglas Holzmeier

Author of You Are God's Best Idea! Divine Acceptations and Living the Undeniable Life! (Balboa Press/Hay House)

Please feel free to forward the You Are God’s Best Idea! Daily Epigram to friends and family.

Please visit my website for free audio links and more.
www.YouAreGodsBestIdea.com

No comments: