Tuesday, January 17, 2012

You Are God's Best Idea! Daily Epigram for: January 17, 2012





"The teacher who isn't learned is not only an unsatisfactory
student, but a poorer professor."-Douglas Holzmeier


Learned (pronounced lur-nid) is an interesting word. It not only means someone who is knowledgeable - but also a person who is connected – or involved with the pursuit of knowledge. Even the word knowledgeable suggests you are knowledge-able. The teacher must be just as willing and able to acquire and disseminate revelation as the pupil is in receiving truth.

You could usually tell which of your teachers were relying on what they had learned long ago and those who were sharing their latest epiphanies. It is the difference between being curious and customary. There is a time and place for both – but I’ll choose the former nine times out of ten - even though I’ve heard it has a high mortality rate for cats.

So far - on this 366 day journey we are taking together – I have, more often than not, been inspired to write the Daily Epigram and Coaching Lesson based from something I experienced in the previous day. Sometimes I even pen a brand new gram! I’ve got 800 unused epigrams I could employ for this series – that’s two and half years of base material - but I am often spurred to write something fresh because I just can’t wait to share something new. After all – I assume you have already read my book – it would be a waste of time just to cut and paste from my manuscript. Hmmm – how many of us are living today in a cut and paste way? You know what happens to copies – they run out of ink and begin to fade.

As you might remember – I write backwards. Ideas come to me – I try to encapsulate the thought in a one sentence epigram – then I flesh out a paragraph or two from it. It’s kind of like making the dough first and then deciding how the cookies are going to look. Not cookie-cutter – Cookie Creations!

I met a new friend this week that has a background in the same mystic philosophy. He told me that Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote; “quote yourself”. I think he was referring to this quotation: “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” Emerson – along with Ernest Holmes - are my two favorite author-philosophers. I’ve had more than one person on Twitter and one on Facebook scold me for quoting myself. The suggestion is that it is somehow unbecoming. I beg to differ. I don’t buy a ticket to see the group Chicago sing Boston songs and I wouldn’t attend a concert where the Beach Boys performed Boyz-II-Men tunes. There’s nothing wrong with interpretations from another’s source material – Wayne Dyer wrote a book based on the wisdom of Lao Tse – but Wayne’s book is four times as long as The Tao – which means there was a healthy portion of Dr. Dyer’s insight that made the book something more than just an impersonation.

This may seem like an essay on originality – and that theme will be present in almost everything I share – yet the real nudge today is to progress and expand. If you can accomplish this through meditation and sitting under the Bodhi tree like Buddha – then sit right down! If it easier to open up a book – let’s turn some pages. As Mark Twain said – (yes I do sometimes quote the greats) “A man who won’t read has no advantage over one who can’t read.” The key in reading the works of the masters is to be INSPIRED by them to trigger the divine inner essence in you – to express something else. A teacher who isn’t doing this is simply going to run out of inspiring new instruction.

Today’s Coaching Lesson is encouragement to be curious. Continue to expand; express and grow so you’ll be – literally – IN the KNOW. Look – listen – read and write. Sit in front of a computer and compose the article that others will read and quote from.

Although it is true there is basically one thing I profess: You are divine and important – needed and necessary – loved and the Beloved; how you can use the message and the Power that is associated with it – is what I am learning each and every day – and thus - is what I can share and teach – with every new morn.

Rise and shine. You are learned - knowledge-able. You are on a pursuit of Truth– and with every Revelation - you bring nobility to your Professions!


You Are God's Best Idea!

~Douglas Holzmeier

Author of You Are God's Best Idea! Divine Acceptations and Living the Undeniable Life! (Balboa Press/Hay House)

Please feel free to forward the You Are God’s Best Idea! Daily Epigram to friends and family.

Please visit my website for free audio links and more.
www.YouAreGodsBestIdea.com

Buy my book here:


http://www.amazon.com/Gods-Divine-Acceptations-Living-Undeniable/dp/1452534675/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1326841416&sr=1-1

No comments: