Wednesday, January 11, 2012

You Are God's Best Idea! Daily Epigram for: January 12, 2012




"The answers you seek are not found behind closed doors, they
greet you through the open heart."-Douglas Holzmeier


When I wrote this epigram I was picturing all those closed doors I witnessed at my last four jobs. A mentor of mine told me a long time ago that you can always tell how successful a radio station is by how often the bosses’ door is closed. There’s no need to lock the door to chat about the weather.

A manager who is managing well is leading with Truth. Truth doesn’t need camouflaged. Discussions held behind closed doors are conversations about why someone or something has failed and it is usually the one who has failed who doesn’t want to be heard passing the buck. I can honestly say I almost never closed my office door. If someone is under-performing - I go to where they are and share what is not up to par; how it needs to change and that I will help them every step of the way. They also get a chance to tell me if they feel I am speaking the Truth as they know it.

As I mentioned in a previous lesson – those who have acquired artificial power – not inherent Power – but the kind ego celebrates and needs in order to feel good – will conspire and scheme to hold onto the illusions of aggrandizement. This is always done behind closed doors. The flip side of the same conspiracy coin is - silence - when making noise is not only appropriate - but necessary!

No one articulated the damage done by cowardice better than Martin Luther King:

“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”

“In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”

“Never, never - be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way.”

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

When you are in a position of earthly power – as far as I’m concerned - the idea is to empower people – and that requires open doors! If you are confident in your ability - share your blessings with others. You can mentor; teach and coach. It is what I now do.

I’ve opened up my Life Coaching practice. There are times that I need to teach, other times when I consult. A Coach is best when they ask a client questions that will help them reveal to themselves the answers that reside within. Sometimes I just need to be a cheerleader. The idea is to unveil the spiritual Truth of their being – they are perfect, whole and complete and they absolutely can manifest their best because they are God’s Best Idea!

But communicating Truth shouldn’t be done behind a closed door in hushed whispers. It should be discovered and shouted on mountaintops! (Cue Julie Andrews!!)

Meet and greet the answers you seek – and share them openly and lovingly with good cheer.

You Are God's Best Idea!

~Douglas Holzmeier

Author of You Are God's Best Idea! Divine Acceptations and Living the Undeniable Life! (Balboa Press/Hay House)

Please feel free to forward the You Are God’s Best Idea! Daily Epigram to friends and family.

Please visit my website for free audio links and more.
www.YouAreGodsBestIdea.com

No comments: