Thursday, January 5, 2012

You Are God's Best Idea! Daily Epigram for: January 5, 2012




"You can only be disappointed if you are ready to dis-appoint yourself - and that would be disappointing."-Douglas Holzmeier

As you probably can tell – I love words. I love stringing them together the way a person who paints must get a kick out of combining colors on a palate and then assigning them a place on the canvas to create a divine expression.

For 31 years I performed radio shows – six shows a week – 50 weeks a year. Let’s do the math: 6 x 50 x 30 = 9000. Wow! I have performed in the neighborhood of 9000 shows in my career. And each one of the shows was four to six hours long. So let’s multiply the number of shows time five hours: 45,000 on the air hours! For 45,000 hours I was the main speaking voice coming through radios in markets all over the country over 30 years and I have less than 10 hours of those shows recorded and archived.

One of the reasons I like writing - beyond the ability to share my insight; wisdom and prose - is that it all becomes a permanent record. Many years from now people will read and be inspired to take action regarding their lives because I chose to commit to not only doing something – but to do it in a way that can be easily referenced.

Now – this doesn’t mean that my three decades in radio were a waste. If you’ve read You Are God’s Best Idea! (Balboa Press/Hay House) you know what a wonderful life I’ve lived and how many amazing things I was able to accomplish for so many. The permanent record of what I helped facilitate is embedded in hearts I may never see again – and I am grateful for that opportunity. It is another motive for writing my book - so I could remember some of those stories. It is why I recommend journaling. This Daily Epigram is essentially – my journal – my way of sharing on a daily basis my new insight and epiphanies.

What you choose to do doesn’t have to be a visual expression of your divinity – although most divine expressions are. Your smile is a visual representation of who you are and its effects can and do reverberate well beyond the moment. This is the Power of Love! And it is inherent in and with you. Let it shine as you!

Tying in the opening epigram to today’s lesson is simply this: You make life’s appointments. You stay committed or dis-appoint from them. Sometimes dis-appointing yourself from a career path or relationship is a correction on your journey you should make. Other times we dis-appoint ourselves from what we love and know is in our best interests. We give up on our dreams never knowing just how close we were to fulfilling them.

There are two important appointments I made to start this year; Write and distribute the You Are God’s Best Idea! Daily Epigram for 365 consecutive days in order to raise the consciousness of my readers/students and to have a complete book written a year from now and two: To eat only when I am truly hungry and exercise at least four times a week so a year from now I will be a divine expression of health.

If I keep my appointments – I will not be disappointed. And the same is true for you.

Appoint yourself to living the Undeniable Life!

You Are God's Best Idea!

~Douglas Holzmeier

Author of You Are God's Best Idea! Divine Acceptations and Living the Undeniable Life! (Balboa Press/Hay House)


I am available for life coaching; speaking engagements; seminars and as a guest for radio and TV shows on the topics of Self Improvement; Inspiration; Spirit/Divinity; Self-Esteem; Bullying; Asperger's Syndrome (Autism); and more.

Please feel free to write me Doug@YouAreGodsBestIdea.com

No comments: