Friday, April 20, 2007

Confirmation


This is a big week for my son. Daniel turns 14 on Sunday. (no, we did not name him Daniel Daniels---Daniels is my professional name) Wednesday night, Danny, celebrated his Confirmation. This is the Catholic sacrament that completes his baptism. It was a wonderful evening full of music, magic and memories. Daniel turned to his mother following his blessing and opined; "I feel different". The Catholic tradition says that our son received the Seven Gifts of the Holy Ghost: Wisdom, Understanding, Counsel, Fortitude, Knowledge, Piety, and Fear of the Lord. (fear as you would have for wanting to please your father or mother) I'm glad I was there to see the look on his face. I would have missed it if I had received what I had been asking for: A job interview down south with one of the large radio companies. This event was a Confirmation for me as well. That family comes first and that God wanted it that way. This weekend we'll celebrate Dan's birthday in Chicago. Happy Birthday, Buddy!

Sharefully,

~Doug

No comments: